Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

bucks cruising

bret

Well boys I brought a train in from lincoln neb to creston iowa today and it was awesome! Counted 27 different decent deer cruising from noon to 3 pm. From 3pm on there were to many to count! 3 deer over 160' on the rail road ride aways tending does! Im sure they were just the early does coming into heat, but with this cold front Id be in the tree as much as you can from here on out. Just figured I would give an update of what Ive seen so far since i cover so much ground for work everyday.

Keep us posted as time goes by. I always try to call and ask my neighbors before I make the 3 hr drive south to see what's going as far as deer movement. Thanks

Will do! I just took the next 2 days off due to what I saw tonight and based on the temps, but after that Ill be sure to keep posted!

I sat in a new stand tonight and had an encounter with the largest buck I have ever seen bow hunting. No shot presented itself but man were my knees shaking! Saw lots of bucks tonight but this one will make me lose sleep!

Good luck with him! I hope you get another encounter with him. I love those big bucks that give you those restless nights! lol. I read in another thread that you hunt in union and ringgold counties. Thats where I am as well. Good luck to you this year brother. keep me posted!

I sat in a new stand tonight and had an encounter with the largest buck I have ever seen bow hunting. No shot presented itself but man were my knees shaking! Saw lots of bucks tonight but this one will make me lose sleep!

I'm sitting all day tomorrow. Today's can pull was jaw dropping. I sat today from 1:30 to dark. I saw more deer early than late.

You guys need to stop. If it wasn't for me having to hand in a couple papers tomorrow, I would be marching my little butt south and crawling in a tree in the morning. Damn you agronomy 450... damn you.

Saw a great brawl on the way home from hunting. Was near town under a street light. Both deer were at best guess 3 1/2 year olds. Had already had a little action before I arrived as one deer (smaller one) had a bum hind quarter and only a quarter and a half of his rack left! Got it on video but only the last little bit showed up before they ran across in front of my truck. This occurred only 20 yards off the road.

Yeah you guys are making me antsy big time. I got one more day of work left and then I'm off for the next two weeks. Tomorrow will be tough!

I hunted a spot tonight that borders standing corn and didn't see a deer. My card pulls were the best so far this year with new bucks and they were mature. But, it was all night time scrape activity. This is Van Buren county.

Sounds like the wee boys are cruising in SE Iowa!! Bud saw 7 different bucks last night! Anther saw 2 sparring in a field mid-day Tuesday! I'ts on it's way!!!! :D:D

On my travels today I saw a buck standing guard over a bedded doe in the middle of a cut corn field. This was near davenport. 4 pm. This weekend will be great.

As soon as I get out of my 8 A.M math class in the morning Ill be getting the hell out of Ames and back to northeast Iowa.:D

As soon as I get out of my 8 A.M math class in the morning Ill be getting the hell out of Ames and back to northeast Iowa.:D

Something tells me that there are going to be more than a few "harvest posts" coming up in the next couple of days. :D

I am picking up my youngest son from his last class tomorrow and then heading to our farm. Everybody have fun and stay safe out there!!

Saw a 6 1/2 year old 8 pt tonight just before 6. I've got pics of him last 3 years and one side from this past spring. I've never seen him in 3 years, but he stepped out tonight dogging a doe all over, along with another small 8 pt. it's starting to get good boys!!! Good luck to everyone going out tmrw and this weekend

Something tells me that there are going to be more than a few "harvest posts" coming up in the next couple of days. :D

I am picking up my youngest son from his last class tomorrow and then heading to our farm. Everybody have fun and stay safe out there!!

Yeah I ended up getting mine this morning...

Top Bottom