Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bucks not chasing? Want opinions

anyone seeing bucks chasing hard? I seen 4 little bucks all together tonight and have seen a lot of does without any bucks chasing or anything at all. Anyone noticing the same? In my last 3 sets I've seen 2 deer a button buck and a fork can someone give me some options? My thought is the rut is slowed down or coming to and end

I'm no expert but maybe they've been locked down the last couple days. In my opinion these next few days are the best of the year. They'll leave the doe they are on and start hunting for those last few hot does. Now is when the big boys are the most vulnerable imo.

I had two different does getting chased by me. One very hard all out chase with 2/3 bucks. I saw about 10 bucks today and 5 does. 3 of the does together with no bucks by them. Rattled in 3 bucks in the morning.

Is anyone just seeing bucks out running looking for does in heat? I've only seen 1 and that was at night one ran across the road in front of me with his nose on the ground

I had two different does getting chased by me. One very hard all out chase with 2/3 bucks. I saw about 10 bucks today and 5 does. 3 of the does together with no bucks by them. Rattled in 3 bucks in the morning.

For a moment I thought you were saying that you were chasing the does. But then I saw that it was fractional deer doing the chasing. :D Just kidding.

oddly, we havent seen a "shooter" buck in 10 days... have only seen one little 4 point..we are stumped at where the deer have gone

Went out Sunday morning, saw about half a dozen 4 or 6 points chasing after does. Not paying attention to grunts or anything. Pretty sure a lot of the big guys were bedding down with does. On way home saw another small buck bust out of the tree line moving pretty quick. Whenever this week they decide to bust loose from their bedded does the big boys should be roaming.

Top Bottom