Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bucks on the move

spltbrow

The bucks are definitely up on there feet this afternoon. I have had 2 encounters within the last hour. Unfortunately swirling winds fooled it for me. One buck I was full draw and on vitals just settling on and he was looking opposite direction and just bolted. Other buck 45 min later fought the wind a little further out. I have since switched stands.

I was out but in the freezing rain I didn't like how my arrow was.freezing to the rest and the ice on my bow so I got out

I am going out in the morning with a buddy before work and then hitting my best spots all day Saturday and sunday. Still looking to fill that buck tag! Passed more bucks this year than the last 5 combined- only because I know what is out there and one of the 4 I want will show their face this weekend:)

Anybody hunt in the fog this am. I was wanting to be in a stand bad. Love hunting in fog. Seems the deer move around with less caution.

I am hoping for a late start (I'm a teacher and I will head out in the AM). If not, will be out Saturday afternoon and for sure Sunday. Going to hunt my iffy stands that are hard to get into as a last ditch, full-press effort!

I have doe tags to fill and my wife still has her buck tag and a doe tag. We will be out all weekend. I hope she gets a shot at her first buck! Should really be a lot of bucks moving this weekend! Good luck everyone :)

Anybody hunt in the fog this am. I was wanting to be in a stand bad. Love hunting in fog. Seems the deer move around with less caution.

Wasn't out in the fog yesterday, but it was really foggy last Sunday morning. Loved it, although I only saw one deer all day. I read a story a few years back about someone shooting a monster buck that was trying to slip thru the timber in a dense fog, and it made me want to be out everytime there was fog! Really seems to change the scenery too, which is pretty cool.

I wish I could be out there but WI closes the season down for the Friday prior to gun season...and that happens to be today...woke up to a little snow cover on the ground and cold temps! Wish I was hunting!

sat this morning over looking a picked corn field just til 8:30 and I saw 8 different bucks cruising and a few doe as well. They are definitely on the move. Now back at my office - but im heading to southern iowa to the cabin for the weekend and going to be in the stand all day Saturday and sunday- its time to let the arrows fly!

Wasn't out in the fog yesterday, but it was really foggy last Sunday morning. Loved it, although I only saw one deer all day. I read a story a few years back about someone shooting a monster buck that was trying to slip thru the timber in a dense fog, and it made me want to be out everytime there was fog! Really seems to change the scenery too, which is pretty cool.

I shot one in the fog a few years back. It was cool hearing them before you could see them. Then seeing the rack emerge from the fog made for a super cool hunt. Called him into within 10 yards before I shot him.

Had a great sit this afternoon. Got in the stand about 2:30. As soon as I nocked an arrow I had a 115" 8 run through panting and grunting. Earliest afternoon action I've seen all year. Later on I did a rattle sequence and had one of my hit list bucks (I think) come in. He was behind light brush at about 60 yards for at least fifteen minutes. He finally gave me a nice what i thought to be a 40 yard shot (was actually 45....oops) and I hit my coat sleeve. Missed low and left. Didn't scare him too bad he walked off and ended up showing himself two more times before the end of the day. Frustrating but at least I finally saw a shooter, that's the first of the year for me. Great movement tonight and boy was it cold out!

Had a great sit this afternoon. Got in the stand about 2:30. As soon as I nocked an arrow I had a 115" 8 run through panting and grunting. Earliest afternoon action I've seen all year. Later on I did a rattle sequence and had one of my hit list bucks (I think) come in. He was behind light brush at about 60 yards for at least fifteen minutes. He finally gave me a nice what i thought to be a 40 yard shot (was actually 45....oops) and I hit my coat sleeve. Missed low and left. Didn't scare him too bad he walked off and ended up showing himself two more times before the end of the day. Frustrating but at least I finally saw a shooter, that's the first of the year for me. Great movement tonight and boy was it cold out!

You can say that again!!! I saw 6-7 does tonight.. No Bucks:(

One doe had to be 170-200 lbs.. One of the biggest does I've seen.

You'd think she was a buck..

Had a damn coyote hunter(s), trespassing on our property tonight. Shooting like crazy from trucks and took one of our gates off the hinges. Was inside my Warmbag, by the time I got to the road they were gone! I swear, if it isn't one thing it is another this year!

Had a damn coyote hunter(s), trespassing on our property tonight. Shooting like crazy from trucks and took one of our gates off the hinges. Was inside my Warmbag, by the time I got to the road they were gone! I swear, if it isn't one thing it is another this year!

Exactly.. I had people working outside last night.. It was one of the most annoying things ever when you are hunting.. Between those noises and the windy conditions, wind directions, rain and full moon.. You couldn't get set of perfect conditions, For one day, this year.. There were a couple of days that seem like perfect conditions. Of course, I was not out on those days. :confused: Go Figure..

Top Bottom