Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bucks still holding 03-22-2014

It's getting late now, but I recall seeing a small buck with both sides around April 10th one year. Judging from our trail cams this year though, I don't think we have seen an antler since about the last week of February.

I checked 2 cameras that haven't been checked since December on Saturday. On my 'good' camera, Not a single deer picture until March 7th. I counted 40+ pictures of coyotes and caught a bobcat on camera in that time. When temps started rising and the snow started melting, everything changed. No coyotes and deer almost every day. In the morning on March 30th I got a few pictures of a 3 or 4 year old still holding both sides. He'll be a good one next year.

This thread reminded me that I have two cameras out that havnt been checked since January... oops. Im honestly tired of going through 10's of thousands of pics. 2 more wont hurt me any worse I supoose.

I saw another 110 inch 8 pointer last night 4-1-2014 with both sides.I will keep an eye out for him when i,m on the way home from the kids soccer practice to see how long he holds on

Top Bottom