Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bucks that made it!

Sligh1

Administrator
Staff member
I put a camera out with a couple bags of corn at a spot I have permission on southwest of DM. Moved it around once and got some nice bucks. Really, the part that gets my attention is when there's a buck with REALLY GOOD GENETICS and will blow up in a year or two. The 1st buck here I probably passed 10 times and super happy he made it (if you really look close- he scores really good BUT I don't care about that- just want him to get OLD!!!). AND- just more reason that I never give into the argument that if I don't shoot it- my neighbor will. This is on 80 acres and I passed every one of the bucks below in high pressure area.
*also lots of shedded bucks or bucks that have broken or half racks.

Nemasis2.JPG

Nemasis1.JPG

NiceOne3.JPG

NiceOne1.JPG

NiceOne2.JPG

that first buck would have been tough for me to pass up this year, so more props to you! should be a fun fall this year /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

way to go Skip!!! That first buck is the kind that you have to pass if you want to see a true Monarch in the near future. Now go find his sheds so we can see what he scores!!! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

That 1st buck is either 3 or 4. I have his sheds from LAST year and he was a 2 or 3 year old from last year's sheds. I think he's 3 BUT he looked MUCH bigger in the body before rut- making him look like a 4 year old. In this photo- the body and snout make him look 3 (even younger looking maybe) BUT if I gave you the history - not sure- either 3 or 4 for sure. I make a big deal about it because I am really trying not to kill a 4 year old BUT who knows.

I have video of the dude under my treestand- bedded down- for about 10 minutes during the rut. I also had him at 50 yards the last night of ML season and kept my eyes on him for an hour til the bitter-sweet end of season!!!

Top Bottom