Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Buckthorn

Hardwood11

It is going to be a good fall!
If you do not have Buckthorn on your property, feel blessed ! This stuff is nasty and invasive . Pics from Minnesota.
IMG_4742.jpeg
IMG_4703.jpeg

We use Garlon, and other mixes . Will spray some Crossbow on next week… Roundup has actually worked, but it’s not really recommended.

Same here, Garlon at 20-25 % seems to do the best with bark oil. Anything of any size we have been cutting to the ground and treating stumps for best results

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Same here, Garlon at 20-25 % seems to do the best with bark oil. Anything of any size we have been cutting to the ground and treating stumps for best results

Mixing it up next week—Crossbow, and I’ll see how it does ?

Is there much buckthorn in Iowa? I’ve never seen any on my farms over the years in Iowa ?

Here in NE Iowa it's really bad in pockets but it getting worse all over.

So what’s crazy about it- after talking to the foresters in Iowa. They say “south of hwy 30 buckthorn gets almost non existent and it’s bush honey suckle that takes over”. They think it’s a temp thing. Also the Allamakee county forester says he hasn’t see buckthorn there yet (we have tons of prickly ash- no buckthorn that I have found on our piece)

Top Bottom