Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Buckwheat Seed Purchase

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">best of all you can often get it free from your local Pheasants Forever chapter </div></div>

More then pays for your dues because I believe if you buy it outright from PF it's about $50 a bag!

I believe you can use Dual Magnum 2 on the safened seed (it is expensive but you don't need a pesticide license to buy it)

What did you put on yours for fertilizer Rob? Nitrogen is getting pretty pricey these days.. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

FarmlandQDM/Dbltree
I have heard that Pheasant Forever was a great place to get free seed. I contacted the Southern Prairie chapter last year, and I really needed to join. I will admit, something just doesn’t feel right though.. I don’t want to join an organization just to get stuff free….

dbltree said:
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
What did you put on yours for fertilizer Rob? Nitrogen is getting pretty pricey these days.. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif </div></div>

That photo was from two years ago and I don't remember the exact rate we used but we usually apply half the rate required for corn per soil test of dry fertilizer ... and let the deer add the rest ... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif ... we have also drilled sorghum on a ligther rate without using any fertilizer in a legume sorghum rotation and have had good results.

You are right Paul about the Dual Magnum II and you can also use Bicep. We are thinking about going to just glyphosate for sorghum and get away from most other chemicals. It's cheaper and probably a little safer to use than Bicep and in test we have done, for sorghum anyway, if we spray about 3 or 4 days after drilling we generally don't have a significant weed problem.

Outdoor Family,

One thing about PF is that the local chapters decide how the money they raise gets spent, some chapters require you to be a member to give you something but many do not.

Top Bottom