Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Built Another

Shovelbuck

This horn building could get addictive. I had a larger horn laying around and got after it the other day. After all the carving was done, I was drilling the holes for the plug dowels when it cracked.:mad: I decided to keep going, giving it a very dark, crackled finish with a repair making it appear as it is a "survivor".:way:

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
Wow, that is a really nice looking horn, a tribute to all of those that have served since the beginning of this wonderful country. :way:

Will any powder fall out the crack, or is there a repair on the inside that we can’t see?

Will any powder fall out the crack, or is there a repair on the inside that we can’t see?

It's actually not as wide as it looks, powder won't leak out. If I decide to use it and want it sealed, I'll melt some bees wax or pine pitch into the crack.

Very nice Jay! This also made me take notice of happenings in my backyard here in Flagstaff. We have somewhere around 30 Ponderosa pine trees in our yard and one has a huge cat-face from a lightening strike. I noticed all of the huge wads (balls) of pine sap (pitch) that are coming out of the cat-face and started collecting them. I don't know if you get yours from local trees or buy it somewhere, but if you have any need for more pitch for your projects, I'd be happy to bag it and send it up to you.

Top Bottom