Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bummed

BOWSTRING

Finally got my 10 year old Chris out with the bow. I've been waiting til the movement got better but it hasn't. We headed out Saturday morning to his stand and got settled in. After about 30 minutes I gave him the antlers and told him to make some noise. He beat them for a lil bit but wasn't getting much noise out of them So I took over. I hung the antlers up and wasn't expecting much from my last hunts. But a few minutes later I heard foot steps coming in. Started to look harder and here come a little 8 I've seen before. He comes into about 12 yards I had him draw a little earlier hit th trail and spooked. He went back a few yards then I gave a couple doe bleats and he came back into an opening at 20 yards I turned to tell him to aim high and just as i said it he had an arrow on the way. He hit him very low so we gave him 3 hours then started looking. Didn't have great blood but it was blood about 60 yards it looked like someone dumped a few cups of blood on the groung and though he must of cut something while he was running away. We track him for 5 hours and ended up kicking him up at about 2pm shot him at 7am. He started bleeding good and thought maybe we should keep pushing but about 150 yards later the blood stopped. We looked around the area but never found him. Need to get back out and look but won't be able to get back out til Wendsday.

Top Bottom