Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bush wants to sell National Forest land?

Old Buck

Life Member
"...the Federal Government announced plans to sell off more than 300,000 acres of public land, including many small deer hunting forests. The sale is part of the Bush Administration's 2007 fiscal budge, and an attempt to generate $1 billion over the next five years to make up for budget shortfalls in education and transportation."

This is a direct quote from the 'Editor's Stump' by Daniel Schmidt in the August 2006 issue of Deer and Deer Hunting magazine.

With all the work many sportsmen and women are going to to raise funds to purchase land for public hunting this certainly sounds like a giant step backwards. Apparently all this land is part of the National Forest system and managed by the US Forest Service. Is this how we protect our hunting heritage?

Anyone know more about this?
confused.gif

Old Buck

This topic was hashed through awhile back on the site. Not popular no matter what flavor your politics when it came right down to it.
Some places listed that I have visited and would be an terrible loss to be sold.
Lands and Plans

Wheres Teddy R. when we need him? Trying to figure out who's more whacked these days is difficult. Come on Bushy! Grow the debt some more, Let in 15 million with an amnesty bill to steal Social Security, Health Care, education, and every other welfare program imaginable! Now chit like this??? Just to mention a few things!

It would be great if we could actually get a candidate to run that had a clue.

Prospects for 2008 don't look much more encouraging!
confused.gif

I apologize in advance for the political post!
grin.gif
grin.gif
Just had to vent a little.
grin.gif

Where is the NRA on something like this?

Oh yeah!, in the interests of full disclosure, I voted for the dar-lik! Not that I had much to choose from.
crazy.gif

I sure hope we can get another leader one of these days who has that rare blend of values and common sense. I meet people everyday with this combination, why's it so difficult to find in a politician?

Top Bottom