Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bushnell Battery Life

NWBuck

PMA Member
I pulled two Bushnell HD cameras yesterday, and couldn't help but comment on battery life. I put both of them out in mid July with 8 AA Duracell's, and both came in yesterday with the same batteries still showing some life. During the time before hunting season they both were over a mineral lick and were taking several hundred to a thousand pics per week, but once hunting season started I moved them to different high traffic areas...usually just a trail or a foodplot and they'd maybe take 100-200 pics per week max. Nonetheless, I was impressed at the battery life, and wondered if others experienced the same.

NWBuck

I have 5 trophy cam hd's. I run energizer rechargables. They don't hold up as long as lithiums but they still get at least 10,000 pics and they aren't affected by temperature. The only camera that lasts longer is my two reconyxs.

Yea what NWBuck said. I have a couple friends that complain about battery life. I usually just listen..because I have nothing to add to the conversation.... other than I use Bushnell's and my batteys get plenty of band for the bucjk

Bushnell and Covert have great battery life.

I use Moultrie too, but would pick Bushnell or Covert any day!

I use 8 AA lithium batteries in my Bushnell's. I run my cameras from July until March every year. Average 400 pictures a week. I can get almost two full seasons off of one set of batteries. Incredible if you ask me.

I use 8 AA lithium batteries in my Bushnell's. I run my cameras from July until March every year. Average 400 pictures a week. I can get almost two full seasons off of one set of batteries. Incredible if you ask me.

That's nuts for battery life! What kind of Bushnell camera dude?

Happy New Year everybody, by the way, hope you have a great hunting year!

Tony

I have had full battery life on two Bushnell HDs. Have had them out for two seasons now and put Lithium AA's in them when I bought them. Probably 4000 + pics run through them both seasons. Trying Reconyx this year also so far so good.

Out checking cameras in the snow today, usually rain or snow is when I pull cards to hold down scent. That's incredible battery life, sound like could cameras too.

They are a few years old. I got the HD the first year they came out with it and the other is a year or maybe two older than that. Once in a while I have some trouble with the HD telling me " SD protected" when I try to format cards. ( don't know what to do to fix it). Otherwise never any issues with batteries or anything from these cams.

I run bushnell trophy cam's with 8 Lithiums. Usually last about a year and a half to 2 years on batteries and that's having them out for about 10months at a time taking anywhere from 20-1000 pictures/week.

I have an older Trophy cam and a HD, the TC lasted 20 months on 8 Energizer Ultra lithium's, the HD has been out with10 of the same batteries since February and still has full battery showing on the display.

What's the pic quality like on these?

Agree with what KnuckleDragr said. Daytime pics with adequate lighting are excellent, although I think there are probably cameras out there with faster trigger speeds. Here's a typical daytime pic.

Nightime pics are OK as well...here's a typical dark-of-night pic.

The worst pics I get are during those transition times between daylight and dark or vice versa. Sometimes the ir flash triggers when I wish it hadn't, and other times it doesn't trigger when it probably should have. Because of this, it isn't uncommon that I get full or partial flash white out in the pic. Here's a typical example...note the time of day; right at first light.

But yeah, all-in-all, a great little camera for a very reasonable price. Good luck!

NWBuck

I cannot stand my Bushnell HD, yes...battery life is amazing and it is has all the required features on paper, but it is useless if only 30% of the pictures are visible. I get a ton of whited out and overly blurred pictures. I've updated the firmware, have it not facing the sun and set on the lowest sensor setting available and still get trash for pictures.

Any other ideas?

Send that camera in. Don't mess with it. They will replace.
I did have battery trouble this yr with cold temps. Maybe 10 cams went dead fast. This was with Duracell batteries though. No doubt I shoulda gone with lithiums. I did compare Duracell to regular energizer and Duracell lasts much longer. Cold killed many cams and I will only use lithiums in winter from now on.

I have a couple WildGame elite 8's and they do awesome on battery life for having 8 megapixels and 70 ft black flash. good cams

Top Bottom