Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bushnell Trophy Camera ??

Hawk32

PMA Member
What do most people us for settings on these cameras. I set my new one out for a wk and had just under 5000 pics of basically nothing. 1 deer a few coon and rabbits. I had it set on normal but taking 2 pics. There is some taller grass about waist high but not much with a few smaller bushes around. Could this be setting it off that much? Probably try putting it out on the low sensitivity single shot and see if the results are different. Just curious to see how others are setting them up.

we had to put ours on the low setting.Or else it would just randomly start taking pictures of nothing.There was no grass or branches in view when it did it.

From what you posted it sounds like the grass is probably the culprit IMHO, I had 300+ pics of grass blowin last wk on one cam.

I have a whole batch of them and yes any twig or grass in front of it will set them off. I don't like to risk the low sensitivity for missing a monster running by a little outta range so I just take a stick and mow down all the grass and anything in the surrounding area. Doesn't take too much work. I really love these cameras. Battery life, and great videos. Cut all that grass down and you should be good to go. Good luck!

Thanks for all the advise. I put it back out tonight on the low setting. I will check it tomorrow to see the differences. thanks again.

I had similar problems. I did as mentioned above - Cut as much grass and twigs out of the way. The only bad thing about putting it on low sensor level is you may miss some animals. I put mine in setup mode and closed it up. The red light will flash when it picks up movement. Check it to see if it is sensing you where you feel the pictures should be taken. If the light doesn't flash, set it to normal and try the procedure over again.

I just went through this 2 weeks ago and ended up putting both cameras on "normal".

Good luck!!!

Top Bottom