Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bushnell Trophy vs. Moultrie M80

Hawk32

PMA Member
Been looking at purchasing some new cameras. Right now I am torn between these 2. Any advise from people that have either one. Cabalas review section had good and bad on both but its hard to judge on those reviews. The neg on the bushnell was leakage problems. neg on m80 was blury night pics. Any suggestions welcome on either one or suggestions on a different cam?? Thanks

We have a few older Bushenll Trophy Cam's (09's I believe....) and we added an M80 to the fleet this year.

Our Bushnells are the older versions with fewer LED's than the current ones so they aren't all that great at night and give us more blurry night shots than the M80 does but I don't know how that would compare to the newer versions on the Bushnell's. I have heard a lot of people complaing about Bushnells concerning runaway triggers and white out pictures but we don't have those issues with ours.

We like the M80 and have been impressed with it so far. We used it in video mode for much of the summer and were pleased with both the day and night videos. Daytime pictures were pretty good as well but the occaisonal blurring did happen from time to time. I would say the same for the night pics as well, we did get blurry pics but it wasn't enough to be an issue that I recall. Battery life is good on the M80 as well, even while set in video mode on a busy plot.

Pic's from older Bushnell Trophy Cams: (Pics are taken in Michigan so excuse the little bucks...........)

038-1.jpg
[/IMG]

pinch007.jpg
[/IMG]

pinch010.jpg
[/IMG]

043.jpg
[/IMG]

Pictures from M80:

Northside115.jpg
[/IMG]

137-1.jpg

175.jpg

Here is a blurry night pic from the M80

161.jpg

Here are a few vids from the M80 as well

http://s937.photobucket.com/albums/ad213/acloyd1/Trail Cam 2011/?action=view&current=052.mp4

http://s937.photobucket.com/albums/ad213/acloyd1/Trail Cam 2011/?action=view&current=162.mp4

^^^^

Sorry, those pics loaded up HUGE!!!!! My bad, and my apologies to those with dial up or slow connections.....whoops!

M80 is hands down better. I had a bushnell and sent it back last year, picture quality was very poor on mine. Bought 3 M80's this year and no problems at all with great picture quality. You can also just about get 2 M80's for the price of 1 Bushnell if you shop around.

Thx for the suggestions so far. Keep them coming.

I'm limited to cabalas on this one. Got some xmas gift cards to burn up:) The bushnells are on sale now for 149 i believe.

I'd be snagging some of those bushnell's then. From what I've seen, I prefer them. Seen people with good results with the M80, but I really like the Bushnell.

M80 is hands down better. I had a bushnell and sent it back last year, picture quality was very poor on mine. Bought 3 M80's this year and no problems at all with great picture quality. You can also just about get 2 M80's for the price of 1 Bushnell if you shop around.

By what evidence? Picture quality on our bushnells are just as good or better than the M80. There is a software update on both that make a huge difference on each of them. Bushnell has different settings for pic quality etc so that can have an effect. You will get more burry night pics with M80 than bushnell from what I have seen. You have to decide what the purpose of the cam will be before you buy one...scrape, trial, food plot.... Bushnell trigger speed is faster, range of detection is bigger, and the flash range on the NEWER models is better.

It all comes down to the price vs reward, if your expecting lots of moving through the camera range rather than still photos I would say bushnell wins that. But if you use mineral licks, scrapes or other stationary type settings more than I would go with the M80. Like I said the bushnell is faster and more versitile, but you pay for it too.

This summer I bought 2 Bushnell Trophy Cams for 179.99 a piece and 2 M80's for 119.99. I returned the Bushnells and now have 6 M80's.

My opinion...

About half of the night pics were blurry with each, none was better than the other. On trails I obviously got more blurry pics than on a plot. Just a trade off though since switching to IR.

The M80's are easier to set-up and use.

The picture quality was equal on daylight pics.

Tree strap is better on M80.

One thing I absolutely hated about the Bushnells was that when you opened the door to switch cards the batteries where right there exposed. I had times when I opened the door and had batteries fall out on to the ground. Not cool.

M80 hands down!!!!! The M80 is the first camera I've purchased that will compete with my home brews. If someone is looking for busnell's I've got 2, they suck but if someone is interested let me know.

I seen the M80XT and M80 black flash in the bass pro catalog. Looks like they have made a change to stop the blurring of night photos as much. I can't wait to see it. I Love my m80. I won't knock my truth cam either as the battery life is unreal and the trigger speed is good.

The trophy cam is better hands down. The m80 has all kinda of blurry pics. The Bushnell has a faster trigger and much better quality pics.

Hey westernsix I'll pull cards on tuesday and post pic here. If you're still interested pm me. I'll also post pic from my M80's

I have been waiting to hear from someone with the M-80XT, I like my M-80, great video but my wife got tired of me looking ay videos.

Very easy to use, if you look at my trail cam album those are all M-80 pics.

A lot of good info. Thx. Still torn a little but I do like the 2 yr warranty on the bushnell.

Never tried the M80s but have 4 Trophy Cams and have been happy with them. Never had a problem with the batteries falling out.

I picked up 2 m80 cams for xmas. I have 16 bushnel tc. The flash is better on the m80 but I like the bushnel better so far. I did have problems with some of the bushnels and returned them at cabelas for replacements.

Top Bottom