Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Buying a New Bow

mmatthes90

I'm going to buy a new bow and wanted a little feedback. I'm interested in a Fred Bear The Truth, or a BowTech. If you currently own one of these please help me out. I want a good bow, but don't want to paying for the name like I would with a Matthews or Hoyt. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks

Best advice? Go to a decent archery shop and shoot some bows!!!

I don't think there is a huge price difference between Bowtech, Hoyt or Mathews.

Don't be a sheeple and follow the advice of the masses. Find what works for you.

[ QUOTE ]
Best advice? Go to a decent archery shop and shoot some bows!!!

I don't think there is a huge price difference between Bowtech, Hoyt or Mathews.

Don't be a sheeple and follow the advice of the masses. Find what works for you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well said

I thought the same "paying for the name". But I just recently bought Muddy's 06 Bowtech Tribute. All I can say is WOW. My Darton wasn't an elcheapo, but there is a huge difference. Shoot a few and decide on price between the ones that fit you the best.

Hmmmmm, I wonder what Muddy is going to buy
grin.gif

Find a bow shop your like.

When you find a good shop with a good guy behind the counter then buy the bow in that shop that feels best to you. Have the guy set it up, ask questions and make him your buddy..then tip him an extra $50 for taking care of you.

You'll get better service for the rest of your life and always have a leg up when you need something down the road.

[ QUOTE ]
Hmmmmm, I wonder what Muddy is going to buy
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Key word you missed... BOUGHT.
waytogo.gif

Bowtech needs to stop making such great bows. How much fun is it going to be when we all shoot the same bow, and can't give eachother a little chit?
blush.gif
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Bowtech needs to stop making such great bows. How much fun is it going to be when we all shoot the same bow, and can't give eachother a little chit?
blush.gif
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

We still can because there will always be those people who shoot the 10 yr old Bowtechs
grin.gif
And we can give them Chit

I went to the shop tonight and was there for about an hour and a half. I shot everything from the Guardian(outta my price range) to a few Diamonds. I liked all of them. The Diamonds definately felt the smoothest, in my opinion, but I really liked the total package of the BowTech TomKat. I'm still gonna do a little shopping around. I also shot a bow by Whisper Creek, it was definately one of my favorites so I gotta tough decision to make. Thanks for the help guys.

[ QUOTE ]
Bowtech needs to stop making such great bows. How much fun is it going to be when we all shoot the same bow, and can't give eachother a little chit

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not jumping on the band wagon yet they need to prove this a better bow (no bugs) not just the newest look or fad, and look people are still buying Dodges.
grin.gif

I know I didn't go with the Guardian based on looks or fads, the bow is a straight up shooter. Don't get me wrong, the fact that Limb has one does make me swoon, but there's more to life than "being like Limb"... though, not much!
grin.gif
cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]

We still can because there will always be those people who shoot the 10 yr old Bowtechs And we can give them Chit

[/ QUOTE ]

In ten years Bowtech will be ancient history and something new will be the talk of the town, so it goes with hobbies. As for me, I'll die with my Q2 in my hands if the thing doesn't wear out before I do.
grin.gif

Top Bottom