Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Buying a new bow

Well I shot the Hoyt Rampage xt yesterday and it was really no contest. I loved the Hoyt and bought it. The draw was much smoother and the overall feel was better to me. After making sure both bows were at a 27" draw and only set at 58 lbs, we chronoed them and the difference was 2 fps (Hoyt @ 293 and Assassin @ 294).Both were awesom but I LOVED the Rampage. Payed $400 for the bare bow, now I need accessories.

Anyone have any suggestions for a rest. I have always shot from a whisker buiscut but I think I want to try a drop away. Not really sure though. I like how the whisker buiscut keeps the arrow in place. Thoughts?

This is awesome to hear. I just ordered a Rampage XT. So I am glad you thought it was good. Looking forward to getting it this week sometime. Mine comin with a qad drop away rest and a fuse stabilizer gave $500 for my setup. Now ya got me excited!

Check out the NAP APACHE drop aways. They are fairly inexpensive, quiet, and are full containment. You'll like it much better then the biscuit.

Also check out the Ripcord and QAD rests, both full containment fall aways. I have Ripcords on my bows and have had no problems with them. One benefit of the QAD over the Ripcord is the QAD will stay up on a slow let down

Hoyt

Well I shot the Hoyt Rampage xt yesterday and it was really no contest. I loved the Hoyt and bought it. The draw was much smoother and the overall feel was better to me. After making sure both bows were at a 27" draw and only set at 58 lbs, we chronoed them and the difference was 2 fps (Hoyt @ 293 and Assassin @ 294).Both were awesom but I LOVED the Rampage. Payed $400 for the bare bow, now I need accessories.

Anyone have any suggestions for a rest. I have always shot from a whisker buiscut but I think I want to try a drop away. Not really sure though. I like how the whisker buiscut keeps the arrow in place. Thoughts?

I shoot the Hoyt Rampage XT...It is a great bow. My son shoots it as well, and he loves it! The rest we bought on each, was from Fuse, I cannot remember the specific name, but it worked well, Fuse is owned by Hoyt.

Top Bottom