Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Buying new bow

fluhrj5

Wondering if anyone shoots the PSE bow madness or brute x? Otherwise anyone have any recommendations on what I should get? Don't want to spend more than $700 set up. Currently shoot a 2009 PSE stinger so anything should be an upgrade.

You can get a year old Evo 7 or omen pro for 700 set up I'd think. My wife had a bow madness and it was a good bow. The brute x's seem nice also.

Hey hey i shot the Pse Brute x got it almost a year ago, i love it!!!! Looks cool,shoots pretty fast and won't empty your pocket!!!!!!! Got my first bow buck with it this last season!

Are you set on PSE? My favorite PSE I have owned was the X-force Supershort from 2009. I do miss that bow.

Otherwise, I'd say to look at used bows on Archery Talk. If you plan to add your own accessories, you can get basically any of the bows from 2012 or older for $700.

I also upgraded the attachments on it about 2 weeks ago, kinda thought the ready to shoot package was cheap! Buy it with nothing on it for 400 bucks and add attachments you want!!!! I spend 200 bucks for a sight, stabilizer, drop away rest, and quiver that i wanted!! Great bow, i shoot mine all the time! You Will love it man

Last edited:
I think I am stuck on PSE. I shot a hoyte, mission by matthews, and a few different pse. In my price range I liked pse because of the speed. I am not a very experienced shooter so I thought I would see what advice I could get here.

Yes the Pse Brute x is very reliable, just to say again it is a great bow!! Pse for life

I'm in the same boat. Looking for something under $700. I just shot the hoyt charger and loved it. Also shot mission ballistic and wasn't as impressed. Still a good bow but not near as smooth as the charger. I'm also gonna check out the pse drive and bowtech assasin and maybe some others before I make a decision

For your price point, try out a Diamond Stud. Made by Bowtech, and a great bow...set up should go in the 650 range.

NWBuck

You can buy the PSE Drive RTS package for $600 or bare bow for $500. Has a 7" brace height which would make very forgiving. Check it out, awesome bow. I'm buying this bow in a couple months.

No offense by any means, but if you are unexperienced, speed isnt what kills a deer, proper placement is. Sometimes you give up speed for a good shooting bow. Look for something with a higher brace height will help ya.. good luck with whatever you choose :way:

Now that I think about it I did shoot the pse drive. It has a 7 1/2" brace hight and very fast.

My wife got the hammer a few weeks ago, it's really smooth and quieter than anything I've heard. Pretty quick also. I like my omen pro and my gx. I'm thinking bout getting the DNA it's a sweet lookin bow.

My backup bow is a bowmadness, and I love it. Sometimes I can't decide if I want to take that bow hunting with me or the Vendetta. I'm sold on PSE as well, their bows fit me perfectly and I love ease of adjustability that they have.

I have a Pse bow madness XS I am selling. Pm me if your interested. All set up. Drop away rest, 5 arrow quiver, peep sight, stabilizer, and true glow 5 pin sight. New string put on this season.

So...did you get one?

I am looking at the Bow Madness for my son. He drew an Arizona bull tag for this fall and needs a new setup.

Might buy a new 2012 to save some money.

bow

I would check archerytalk classifieds i have bought some nice bows of there already set up and brand basically brand new for cheap compared to new

I also bought a PSE Drive and just love it. I added an hha sight, ripcord sos and a octane stabilizer. Shootin bullet holes at 30.

Top Bottom