Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Buzz kill plots

Buck-Man

Im confused why my frost seeded plots didn't sprout any clover yet. one plot was a fall tilled corn plot which was bare dirt that I broadcast into ,the other was a brassicas/radishes plot I broadcast into. I hit both these plots twice and a few weeks apart.
weird thing is I have a small opening in the woods that clover is sprouting everywhere.
should I hold off to see if it will come up or replant.

Nope. Be patient. Clover doesn't germinate until ground temperature is mid to high 50's. We need some warm weather.

I went and checked on mine over the weekend and some baby clovers are just starting to come up. Looks like we're going to get some warm weather this weekend, it should explode then especially if you frost seeded twice. You should be just fine.

I wouldn't be to worried. Not sure where you are at but in my area the only green is a little bit of lawns. Hasn't been warm enough yet to get things going.

Only clover I'm seeing is from what was already established. Have yet to see any frost seeded stuff. It all just got frosted again last night and likely again tonight. Could use a little "global warming". ;)

southern Illinois, so its been a bit warmer here. nothing steady I guess.
Ill keep my fingers crossed for a bit then.

Top Bottom