Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

"BZ" is Down

drewbe

I put down our #1 hitlist buck on Nov. 6th. He is a true Iowa giant and a buck of s life time. Could some one pm me an email. I can't figure out how to post pics from my phone. I'll post story once pics are up. Thanks.

I shot this buck on November 6th at 4:45 pm. My cousin and I started getting pictures of this deer back in July and got regular pics of him all summer. We pulled cameras at beginning of Sept. when he lost velvet. We called him "BZ" (BuckZilla).

We put a couple cams back up when we started hunting in late Oct. and were happy to see he was still in area.

I hunted this stand on Nov 3rd and at 5:15 pm had a very close encounter with a 160s class buck that I just couldn't get a clear shot on. About 5 minutes after he went over the hill I heard something in corn behind me it was BZ at 30 yds. Behind a tree. Never offering a shot he went north and out of sight. I couldn't figure out how he had snuck behind me.

Nov. 6 I got in the stand at 1:30 pm. Strong NW wind. But I was out of it for the most part. As I stood in that stand looking at where BZ was standing 3 days before, trying to figure out how he snuck by. There's a nice little plumb thicket just east of stand and I wondered if it was possible that I got in stand with him bedded in it, just 50 yds away. At 4:45 pm I was watching to the west at the good cover I was expecting deer to come out of, and I heard a stick snap to the east and there's BZ coming out of the little thicket. He was within 50 yds of me the whole time I was in the stand!!

He was coming in my direction but was going to get by without a shot again. I snort wheezed and he turned to circle down wind. Right at the edge of my shooting lane at 35 yds I stopped him.
Quartering away I made a perfect low heart shot. He ran right out in front of me and stopped at about 60 yds out and tipped over.

It was an unbelievable experience with a buck of a lifetime. I have no Idea what he scores but it's gonna be up there. Having it scored soon. He has 10 to 15" broke based off trail cam photos but doesn't matter.

Thanks to my cousin Seth, it was definitely a team effort figuring this guy out and making it happen. I was just fortunate to be in right place at right time.

Good luck.

Drew B.

That cameras date was 3 months off. Also got some more recent pics of him. Halloween morning with nothing broke...

Thanks for all the comments. It's been
Quite the experience.

Last edited:
Here ya go Drewbe - he is a SLOB. Congratulations again on a BOL.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Thanks guys. I'll Get a story up soon. A little busy today. Thanks again. Im very fortunate.

Top Bottom