Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Cabela's in Des Moines???????

strutnrut

I talked to a friend of mine that is in the construction business and he said that Cabelas is trying to come there. They want to be out by the Jordon Creek Mall.. They tryed to go in Newton but Newton said No.. Has anyone else heard any thing about it ???

Haven't heard that, just spent the afternoon in the new one in Omaha with my son while wife and daughter went to chetta girls. I know we had more fun
grin.gif

Last I heard Newton was still working on it. With Maytag going out I cant imagine them saying no. There are more rumors surrounding new Cabelas stores than a mountainl lion sighting.

I'm still waiting to hear about a store here in Owasso. Rumor has it that the land is already bought. I'm retiring in 3 years. Maybe I can hire on with them if they come.

Been hearing the Des Moines rumor for years. I'll belive it when I see it. I think Newton would be better fit with Maytag closing and the new race track. I would LOVE it if either one got it though!

I would be surprised if Newton had turned them down but they may not want a big retail store ruining their "small town feel" I would love it in Newton and could finally stay out of Scheels.

that rumor has been flying for years.. I've heard that they were going to come to colfax, ia to be near des moines and near the race track.. then altoona.. then newton.. newton didn't say no either.. the mayor and a rep for cabelas were both in a dsm register article a couple of months ago. the cabelas guy said they have not looked and have no furture plans to look at building in newton.. the mayor said he would love to have them come but has not heard anything from them to suggest they may..

Top Bottom