Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

calling in your deer tag

iowabucks

Hey everyone. I gave half my deer to my brother. He wanted summer sausage from somewhere else. He took the burger in and the processor needs the number i got when I called the deer in.
Should they need that # or the tag #?
I pitched what was left of the bloody tag after I picked up my half.
If he needs my tag number or the call in number, I'm guessing I need to contact the DNR personally?
Any other way to take care of it?

Would think if you gave them your SSN or DNR # they could come up with the harvest registration number.

I get stuff made at 2 different lockers and have never been asked for a tag or number when taking in scraps, but if I take a whole deer in, then they'll want it to be tagged.

NWBuck

The number you get when you call it in should be written on the tag and then attached to the deer. Not sure if you can get it after the fact. Never tried that.

I've been taking mine to West Liberty and the last one I took was boned out meat and they never asked for it.. maybe because its an out of state deer if its going to illinois.. The harvest registration # is on the tag receipt if you still have that laying around anywhere

Top Bottom