Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Calling Question???

Bukslayr

In your honest opinion....

Have you found that you get a better response when blind calling for deer in the morning hunt or the afternoon hunt???

Whether it be a doe bleet or a buck grunt or rattling... when do you seem to get your best response??

The morning is always the best for me. I would take a morning hunt over a evening hunt any day of the week until Late muzzleloader arrives. Even then, I don't have too bad of luck. Don't get me wrong though, I have called in plenty in the afternoon but the mornings are always better for me.

Prime time during both morning and evening are the same as far as I'm concerned.

In my opinion during the rut I've had the best success mid to late afternoon but thats just for me and my farm. The next guys farm good be completely different, i think it just depends on what kind of deer your dealing with wether it's old mature deer, young bucks, few bucks, and what period of the rut your hunting, etc. Huntin' in the end of October and into November can not be matched by any other expierence and there really is no bad time to hunt.

i very rarely call blind.i used too but it seemed like the deer would always come in were i didnt want them to.i like to see how the deer react to my calling and go from there.that being said i think i have better calling success in the mornings,but my stands are setup pretty far back in the timber.i dont have to many farms were i can hunt the field edges,the ones i do i have to hunt evenings.

Seems like ive had more success blind calling in the evening.. I generally see more bucks chasing does in the mornings and it seems like they ignore the calls.. In the evenings, I feel I am able to catch more deer cruising and they come in a little better to the call.... With all that said.... I would take a morning rut hunt over an evening one anyday.

I love it when the neighboring landowners are crashing the horns together. It doesn't matter if it's morning or evening. The deer come running from every direction across open fields towards my land. It doesn't take too many sessions in the same area for the deer to get wise to calling. It amazes me how hunters don't take wind and thermals into consideration before going crazy with the horns or grunts. I wouldn't think of rattling in my area.

Mornings for sure, I always try to wait until the natural movement slows down or atleast a half hour to hour after daylight. Id much rather one come by on its own than have him come in looking for something so I only call if Im not getting good natural movement.

Mornings for me too. It also depends on the area I am hunting, there are several places I hunt that get a bit more pressure where I very rarely will call as the deer are pretty wise to it.

Kratz

Top Bottom