Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Calling success lately?

Have any of you guys been having any luck calling the last few days, whether it be doe bleats grunts or rattling? I've tried all 3 the last few days and also had some doe estrus out today. Sure seems like all the deer that have came into range have just came because my stand is in a high traffic area with lots of beat down deer paths and tree rubs. The only deer I think my calling has had an effect on was the 4 does that came in this morning. They were moving right to left up the ridge, I grunted twice and they all walked right down to me.

I'm seeing a descent number of deer (9 this morning......6 does, a nice 8, basket 8, and forkhorn 4) which is great. I was just curious what you fellas are throwing at 'em. Thanks

Same experience. Only deer I've seen has been because I have my stands hung in travel corridors. The ones that have come into to range haven't paid a hill of beans to any sort of calls. I haven't used any scent this year.

I hunt a funnel & was in the stand 25 hours over the last 2 1/2 days. I saw 2 bucks...small bucks. Nothing else. Both were right under my stand & looking for love. My bow hunter survey is showing me that I need a new place to hunt :(

A couple friends have abourt 3K of river bottom land to hunt! They are 160:" plus hunters! They have been there done that! They are seeing diddly right now !! Go figure!!

My grunt tube has worked a few times on both does and small bucks this weekend. My can call, scent and rattling hasnt done squat.

I had a great weekend with the rattling. But the majority of the success was mornings till 10 and from 3-dark in the afternoons. I bet I rattled in 15 bucks this weekend. Most were scrub bucks (lil forky's and spikers). I had 4 of them come in on a dead run and a couple 120-130 inch 8's and if one would have had brow tines he might have gotten shot. I think I only seen 2 does this weekend and that was only because a little buck chased them by my stand. Bucks were definitely crusing a bunch this weekend. Had a ton of fun this weekend. Never had that much success with rattling in my life.

I have used my call with little luck as well. I try not to use it too much but had a real nice shooter out of range, tried to call and he barely even paid attention. The few I have called at seem to really care less except a small fork that got pretty fired up one day. Overall very little luck with call or scents.

More likely you will find that women golfers

More likely you will find that women golfers

If you are a female golfer you may just get lucky and find that a standard discount golf clubs design for the male market will work for you too, but this does not often happen. More likely you will find that women golfers find it hard to find the right golf clubs especially when looking for the whole set. ishiner

We have had great luck calling deer into the last few yards into shooting range. Most of them have been locked down with does in open flats and we have snuck into 60-100 yards and snort wheezed/grunted or occassionally soft rattled at them and 1/2 the time they have come in ready to fight! Good luck.

Top Bottom