Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Calling?

beararchery

Does early season calling work? I was taught that if you do call, keep it to the minimum. Does anyone else call early on?

I was always roughy sit down and shut up. I typically don't call unless I have visual of my target. Otherwise you run the risk of the running around downwind of your call to smell who's talking to them

small amounts

I will only call in early season if I see the buck I am after. And then usually just a few soft grunts. Wont work alot but when it does you are glad you tried it. When late oct and nov hit then I call blind. Never know when the big fella is 100 yards away or so and cant be seen. So early season just give a few grunts if you see the deer you want. Odds are it wont help but there is a chance. Keep it small and soft. No crazy wheezes or intense rattling. Earliest I ever had them come to rattle was oct 18. Good luck!!

Grunted in a nice North Dakota buck last week, worked great! Except, I missed him. Deer are very vocal this time of year, but more socially than confrontational. Regular grunts and doe bleats work especially well.

Top Bottom