Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Calm between the storms... Bass slaughter!

DannyBoy

Well, the light rain this afternoon sent me home from work. Fortunately enough, the sun started creeping it's way through the gray skies on my drive home so I called a buddy and told him to meet me at my favorite lake at 7. Got on the water about 7:30 and fished til shortly after 9. Ha, it was worth my time! My partner (a very successful tourney fishermen) only boated 3 on the night, and he had the front of the boat! I guess its payback for the a$$ whoopin' he put on me last week in landing twice as many fish as me, plus a bonus 5lb'er. Lucky for me he's a decent netter/photographer. Action was pretty good until we couldn't see anymore. I did well with green pumpkin and black/purple Senko's and RageTail shad. Caught a few on tubes and creature baits as well. Here's my two best fish plus one on the high side of our (my) average size of the night.

Topwater action is picking up slowly but surely. Still a few females on beds oddly enough. Caught several that were spawned out as well. And I should note... Something about this shirt has brought me some incredible luck fishing in the few short months I've had it. You'll be seeing more of "Lucky Grey" in the future.

As always when I'm bass fishing, all fish were released. Enjoy!

Average fish of the night...
Bass5.jpg

Second best fish of the night. 19 inches caught with a Rage. Something about anything named Rage....broadheads and topwater baits. SERIOUS DAMAGE!
Bass8.jpg

Best fish of the night. Caught with a texas rigged green pumpkin Senko. Right at 20 inches. Scale wasn't working, so no weight unfortunately :( Fat 'ol girl though, just how I like em ;)
Bass4.jpg

Thomas, you don't have to travel to hit bass hard :) Can we make a trade here? Lol

Last edited:
Danny, THA4 isn't looking for anything of "monetary value"....i'm guessing he just wants to go on a "special" brokeback fishing trip adventure with you! :D

Danny, THA4 isn't looking for anything of "monetary value"....i'm guessing he just wants to go on a "special" brokeback fishing trip adventure with you! :D

Not cool.... Whatever happened while you guys were turkey hunting is between you two. But when I go fishing, I'm fishing. Not cool Dunkin....you silly boy, you ;)

Top Bottom