Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Calming the nerves before a shot?

Wow, some great advice guys. I have a great example, last night while sitting I had two coyotes come within 15 yards of me, my nerves go so bad that I couldn't even get my composure to draw my bow back and take a shot at one of em'!
crazy.gif
I never had this problem till I missed my first wall hanger buck 2 years ago, but since then, it has been very difficult to relax. I'm liking the idea of getting an attitude when you're ready for the shot. I'm also hoping for the opportunity to get a shot at a doe soon.

I pretend that the deer is my ex-wife, and she is pulling a cart full of MY things. Some would call this the "angry" approach but it seems to work for me!
grin.gif
I know that when I feel my heart pounding up in my neck its time to calm down. How do these animals get to us this way?
grin.gif

I agree with many of the others.

Keep your knees and elbows bent and slightly rest apart of your body against the tree. Believe it or not, I found one of my butt cheeks works well for this. This will make you stable and still allow you plenty of room to draw your bow. If you need to move in a split second its easy in this position and you still have good back cover to mask any movement since you are still fairly close to the tree. If you are away from your tree in the middle of the stand and your body is shakin any movement will probably get pegged by a big buck.

Also like the others said, once you decide he is a shooter, don't look at the rack again and focus on his vitals.

Go get em!

Top Bottom