Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Cam setting Q

rc10pt

When running a camera on video, what do you guys use for the time settings as far as how long of a video and time between videos. And I have 2 video quality options, should I choose the best? I've only ever used my cams for pics but thought I'd mess around with some videos on a couple of them.

Sent from my iPhone using IW

When I run on video mode, which isn't very often, I do 20-30 second videos and set it for a 4-5 minute delay between. I figure I might as well use the high quality setting. Videos are certainly fun to have but will eat through a memory card pretty quick, so depending on how hot of a spot you have it may not take long to fill a card. Depending on card size of course.

20 second videos at 10 second intervals on scrapes and trails. Use a big card and/or check weekly/biweekly. It's amazing how much more you'll learn with videos.

15-20 second videos and as small of an interval as your cam will allow.
They say a picture is worth 1,000 words. I'd have to say a video is worth 10,000 words. You will learn a lot about how deer move through an area and what is really going on.
Pinch points and scrapes are the only place I will run them on video and I try to get the camera out of the direct line of sight of the deer. You will soon find out why if you stick it right at eye height or lower. A glowing red beacon of light will spook a high percentage of deer if placed in an iffy spot.
I personally try to keep them behind the deer if possible and up above their line of sight.

Top Bottom