Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

camcorders

DOR

Life Member
how many of you guys video..what camera and setup do you use. looking into buying something thisyear and would appreciate any input. thanks in advance!!!
smokin.gif

Well first year for me during turkey season. Found it difficult to get ready with a bow and tape at the same time - still practicing. Recommend paying attention to zoom and how well it does in low light. Also might want to consider one with the capability to take digital stills onto a media storage.
sniper.gif

Right now I have a sony Minidv camera but may upgrade to a canon glx for more professional video in the near future. It all depends on what you want to do with it. For personal video, an 8mm, or minidv will work but for video production, ive been told you need a higher quality format.

If I were you I'd definately make it a digital camcorder. I own a 8mm, and they were great for their time, but with everything that you can do from your computer now, I wouldn't waste my money on a film camcorder. Buy the right digital camcorder and it'll make a nice still picture camera for you also. The digitals are more expensive, but definately worth it in the long run.
CRITRGITR

i just bought a samsung digital camcorder, and i definitely agree that digital is the way to go, you can get your pictures and film onto your computer and burn them to dvds, add all the good stuff you want and you are ready to go!! the only problem i have is not being able to hold still enough at long distances, but nothing a tripod wont fix, good luck in deciding!!

I use a Sony Digital 8 cam that has a memory card in it. It will take digital stills which is a great bonus, but doesn't take the quality of pic's that a good digital camera will. In a cam corder it is a nice bonus. I debated on mini digital (dv) vs the digital 8 style. But I figured for the price difference, cost in tape difference, and if you tape to a VHS they both have better resolution than the tape itself. So if you are not going to be burning onto DVD straight from the camera in the near future, you might not get that much more out of a mini dv. However, one recommendation - buy what you can afford. I like top of the line, and if I could have spared the extra cash I would have bought a mini dv. Also zoom capabilities - optical is very important. Digital zoom is good, but will lose quality.
sniper.gif

Top Bottom