Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Camera Dead?

MWHunter

I recently had a problem with a P41 Home Brew camera that I have only used for a couple of months. When I checked it the card was full and batteries dead. When I reviewed the pictures I found that the camera just started taking random photos of nothing every few minutes until the card was full and the batteries died. Now the Sony camera will not even turn on. I have tried using 6 different kinds of AA batteries including rechargeables and no luck. Has anyone ever had a similar problem? Do I have a flunky camera? Thanks.

Sounds like it might be a shutter alignment issue. Did you modify it? It will probably need to be opened up.

[ QUOTE ]
When I reviewed the pictures I found that the camera just started taking random photos of nothing every few minutes until the card was full and the batteries died

[/ QUOTE ]
Had this happen a couple times, it will do this right before the battery on the control board dies. As far as the camera goes I would agree with VMan.

[ QUOTE ]
Sounds like it might be a shutter alignment issue. Did you modify it? It will probably need to be opened up.

[/ QUOTE ]

A friend of mine built the cam setup for me and he has built over 30 home brews and he can't figure out what the problem is. He is going to check this shutter thing out, but he is pretty sure that is not the problem. Thanks for your help. I hope I don't have to buy another camera
frown.gif

Top Bottom