Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Camera flash invisible to humans

cybball

Looking for a trail cam that has a flash that people can not see. Had someone take one of my cams. Going to hide one really well but don’t want to donate a new one to the same A-hole. Is black flash invisible? I have IR cams now but they glow red. Easy to see in the dark.

I was thinking about putting some signs up that say that the area is monitored by cellular cameras. Hoping that might make people think a little.

"no-glow" and "black flash" have varying levels of visibility brand to brand and model to model. I can still detect a faint glow from most of them if it's dark out but would typically not see them if i weren't looking for them. They also have a wide range of night image quality with some being great and some being quite poor. Look up reviews on trailcampro and they usually address these topics.

Last edited:
"no-glow" and "black flash" have varying levels of visibility brand to brand and model to model. I cant still detect a faint glow from most of them if it's dark out but would typically not see the if i weren't looking for them. They also have a wide range of night image quality with some being great and some being quite poor. Look up reviews on trailcampro and they usually address these topics.
Good idea to review different brands. The only thing I don't like with tralcampro is they are tied in with Browning someway and always give them the highest ratings. I have had many different brands of black flash cameras over the years and without a doubt Browning cameras have the worst nighttime blur making it difficult to see antlers well . The best nighttime black flash cameras I have used are Reconyx and Covert Blackhawk cell cameras. The Covert has some other issues, but the nighttime photos are great (no blur).

Good idea to review different brands. The only thing I don't like with tralcampro is they are tied in with Browning someway and always give them the highest ratings. I have had many different brands of black flash cameras over the years and without a doubt Browning cameras have the worst nighttime blur making it difficult to see antlers well . The best nighttime black flash cameras I have used are Reconyx and Covert Blackhawk cell cameras. The Covert has some other issues, but the nighttime photos are great (no blur).
My Browning’s all have fantastic night photos, and my coverts are garbage. Weird. But my wildgame cameras that just won’t die- those are real wonderful pictures at anytime (super sarcastic)

Reactions: HWC
My Browning’s all have fantastic night photos, and my coverts are garbage. Weird. But my wildgame cameras that just won’t die- those are real wonderful pictures at anytime (super sarcastic)
Are your Brownings black flash? My Patriots and dark ops are not good at all for night pics.

I concur on the browning dark-ops cams having lousy night pictures. The red glow versions have decent night pics. I would have hoped the dual lens versions like the patriot were better, bummer if they are not. In regards to trailcampro, i do give their overall review ratings less credence than i used to because of how highly they have rated some browning cell cams that have been absolute garbage for us but I'd think just referencing whether a cam is true no-glow or not and quality of night images might have some value. I think Reconyx had some that are marketed as no-glow and trailcampro considered them low-glow for example.

I concur on the browning dark-ops cams having lousy night pictures. The red glow versions have decent night pics. I would have hoped the dual lens versions like the patriot were better, bummer if they are not. In regards to trailcampro, i do give their overall review ratings less credence than i used to because of how highly they have rated some browning cell cams that have been absolute garbage for us but I'd think just referencing whether a cam is true no-glow or not and quality of night images might have some value. I think Reconyx had some that are marketed as no-glow and trailcampro considered them low-glow for example.
I saw they rated some Reconyx as low glow but I cannot see any red glow on mine at all .

Top Bottom