Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Camera mount.

Blaster

PMA Member
I bought a video camera mount for my bow at the deer expo. Has anyone used one of these? I was woundering how my bow will shoot with it on.

I don't know how it will affect the shot but you definitly need to try it out befroe hand. I made one to mount to the side of the tree last season and had reasonable luck with it on deer coming in but as the deer got closer, I found my bow was more appealing to hold onto than the video camera. What you have sounds like a good idea, let us all know how it works out..............S220

Blaster:

Is it the one that attaches where the stabilizer goes? I was looking at that also. Looked like it would work fine. Depends on the size of the video camera I suppose.

Blaster,

What brand is the mount called? I saw one on the web and emailed them, they never emailed back. I have not found any other brands to chose from. I can't recall the brand name though. Please let us know how it works and if it affects shooting, and how the film turns out during a shot!! I am interested in finding out!! Thanks
confused_em8.gif

Blaster,

I tried this last summer with my crossbow setup. Since my bow mounts on a tripod like frame on my wheelchair, it was a natural place where one could be mounted next to the crossbow. The whole frame and tripod is very stable so the shock of the shot is fairly minimal and it captured the shot very well.

One problem, after doing some practicing at the range, the camcorder was out of alignment and we had to tear it apart to realign the tracking. It still isn't quite perfect.

My conclusion was that its much better to have some other device to hold the camera than a bow. The camcorder is too expensive to take a chance plus the video would be better if on a separate device.

Let us all know what you learn.

Top Bottom