Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Camera suggestions

cwhite

Hey fellas,

I'm entertaining the idea of videoing some of my hunts this fall (just for my own enjoyment and share with family and friends). Anyone have any suggestions? I'm not looking to drop a ton of cash but would probably be willing to push it if it really makes a difference.

I'm also looking to upgrade my outdoor use digital camera. Any suggestions there as well?

Actually are there any units that worth looking at that do both video and still pictures well?

Your opinions are appreciated! Thanks!

BW,
You can find a good used 3CCD camera for under 2000..........Sony VX2000, VX2100, PD 170 or a Canon GL2.......you could also look for a Hi_Def Canon XAH1........all very good cameras in my opinion. If you're looking for something a little less expensive in the 200-600 dollar range buy a Sony Handycam. Just remember that having a USEABLE manual focus is really the key......without it you'll end up throwing the cam out of the tree after the first couple uses. Invest in a good tree arm also, they're almost as important as the camera itself.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CRITRGITR</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Just remember that having a USEABLE manual focus is really the key......without it you'll end up throwing the cam out of the tree after the first couple uses. </div></div>

Or if you're The Heart Surgeon you just drop it... twice?

This is a great topic as I am in this market right now as well. Not trying to jack the thread but below is a camera I found on for anywhere between $800-$950, does anyone have experience with it or think it looks like it would do a decent job of filming hunts.

Canon 2183B001 HG10 High Definition Video Camcorder - 40GB HDD, 10x Optical Zoom, 200x Digital Zoom, 2.7" LCD

Top Bottom