Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Camo/Deer Vision--NY Times Article

It'll be interesting to see whether or not this makes it any further into the hunting industry. Cool stuff /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

I think it's going to be a big deal. Below is a link to some video that talks about all this. There's 3 videos total, click in the lower right corner to see the different ones. Just a tip, the first two don't really get into the camo itself all that much, more about the theory of design and deer vision. The last one does finally show it though. Real interesting images in the last 1/4th of that vid that show scenes with hunters in them. Computer pics can be geared to make a product look perfect compared to others but I think this is going to be real big news in the near future.

Optifade Videos

Article quote: "deer see the world roughly like a human with red-green colorblindness. Their eyes have only two color receptors (unlike the three in the human eye). Fortunately for hunters, they have a hard time seeing blaze orange."

Welcome to my world!!!!

In my case, maybe it should say UNfortunately for hunters, I have a hard time seeing blaze orange. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/crazy.gif

Since I'm red/green colorblind, I wonder if I could see myself in the mirror while wearing this camo? /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

I looked at the example of Otpifade and was not impressed. To my vision, the Realtree was better. Probably more of a function of how the hunter in the Optifade pic has little cover to break up his outline.

I was thinking of trying the "The Field Tested" Bonker-flage this year!
6352BonkerDeer_2_.jpg

Top Bottom