Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

camo dipped antlers

flugge

Just curious what yours guys thoughts are on this?? My stepdad came over last night and wanted to know if he could have some sheds to get dipped ($50) for the set, and then he wants to sell them on ebay...he thinks they are going to bring in big money being dipped. Thoughts? I told him I thought it wasnt a great idea, but he seems to think spending that 50 to do it will be huge rewards, I guess I have no idea, and just looking at input

we used to clean skulls for guys. some of them would get the skull dipped but never heard of the antlers getting dipped. why use a real antler when its going to get covered anyway. its like taking a walnut stock and covering it with camo

If I were to use a real antler, I would use one that is old, faded, sun bleached, cracked type of one. I wouldn't do that do a good one, kind of defetes the purpose of having the "antler" look.

If I bought antlers I'd pay more for clean/natural antlers rather than one dipped.

saw a pedistal mount that had the horns done in the snow/white camo. thought it was ok looking, but why ruin the way you remember your trophy looking. keep it natural i say.

Could I get the skull dipped and the horns left natural? What would it cost?? I have a 150" eight point still trying to decided what to do with??

you can buy your own dipping kit for less than $50 and do it your self multiple times. There used to be a link in a thread about it at one point.

thanks, I've looked and everyone I have found so far has been $100 but still been looking at how to do it on youtube and it looks pretty easy. I might have to get it and do this so I can get the skulls I have done.

Either way it looks like a neat idea.

dipped skulls

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 2012-02-04 09.05.30.jpg
    2012-02-04 09.05.30.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 236
  • 2012-02-04 09.06.36.jpg
    2012-02-04 09.06.36.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:
These were dipped by RA HOFFER . The orange blaze mossy oak is too large of a patten for skulls. The camo is much more eye appealing. My son and I shot these 150 class bucks last fall. Sorry about the bad photos, back of van pics are never cool....

There is a guy in West Union that does this as well! He brought a display of things to our Archery shoot this winter. He had dipped a gun, multiple skullls, rims of his truck, bows, etc.. They all turned out great and he can do a bunch of different patterns and colors. I can get his info if anyone is interested in talking to him.

Top Bottom