Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Camp Ripley Archery Buck

bowhuntr311

IowaWhitetail Addict
Hey guys,

Thought this was worth sharing. Camp Ripley is an active military base spanning 50,000 PRIME deer hunting acreage. They allow 4 different hunts a year. One disabled veterans shotgun hunt (25ppl), a youth bow hunt (100ppl), and 2, two day archery hunts (2500ppl each of the two days). Lottery system to get in.

I have heard you will see as many people as deer from every person that has ever hunted it but the chance of finding a HUGE buck on 50,000 acres before the next guy is just as good as the next guy.

The hunter is from Pillager MN, and when he registered it the DNR guessed the deer at 5.5years old, dressed out 192.

ENJOY.
picture.php

picture.php

Wow that's got to be the biggest one to come out of there in a long time. Maybe ever. That hunt is chaos but there are some decent bucks shot each year. That's the biggest I hever heard about. Wow.

Pretty cool. I hunted it once about 12 years ago. And chaos dosent even describe it. Id like to try it again someday though.

Wow that's got to be the biggest one to come out of there in a long time. Maybe ever. That hunt is chaos but there are some decent bucks shot each year. That's the biggest I hever heard about. Wow.

A Wis hunter by the name of Mike Langin has the Ripley record at 219 inches. I'll bet this deer makes a good run at that number.

There are a couple of "Dud Zones" that are many many thousands of acres. Hunters are not allowed in these areas. There is also a lot of swamps and clear cuts deer can hide in. The hunts are a week later than normal, and the second hunt will be in a couple weeks... getting close to primetime in northern MN. Should be a few more good ones taken then.

Top Bottom