Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Can I get a score?

quackmaster

Ok, what do you guys think. This deer is here in Arkansas, any guestimates?
confused.gif

068445.jpg

068447.jpg

068448.jpg

bigshock.gif
bigshock.gif
bigshock.gif
that is one awesome deer!!!! i have no clue what something like that would score, i would say in the 200 somethins, either way that is one awesome buck!!! i cant even count how many points he is lol probably couldnt either if he was coming into my stand, i would get them confused while shaking in my tree!!! goodluck this year!!

I'd say he is pretty darned big.
bigshock.gif
But then, what do I know? Here in Iowa we'ed let him grow a few more years.
jester.gif

The 'Bonker

well we don't get them like this as often as ya'll do. Our state record is 189, I think this deer would eclipse that mark.

I count 16 points (I had to take my shoes off). I would guess 240+??? What a great buck!
There would be plenty of
31045-cheers2.gif
and
30571-green1.gif
If I had him hangn'

unless my add too and take aways are wrong i count 16 too. but i'm like the bonkerboy, i to am afraid i'm gonna need a pair of glasses soon. i would guess close to 200. if i saw it i could care less what it scored. thats a hell of a shooter anywhere...
bigshock.gif

WOW - what an incredible buck! Are these your photo's?

These pictures and this buck are going to create quite a stir in the whitetail community
893shocked-thumb[1].gif

bigshock.gif
My conservative guess on this 8x8 is 207 0/8 according to my score sheet, but it sure is tough to go by pictures. I would have to say that my guess is low, if anything. Great pics - amazing buck!
bigshock.gif

I am interested to see what the score is if somebody harvests this big boy - let us know quackmaster
893USA3-thumb[1].gif

No they are not my photos, they were sent to me by a friend (who is also an arkie lurker on this board). As the story goes, this deer is on an adjacent farm. We had heard about a huge deer for the last couple of years from the guy who farms my friends land. This farmer told him he watched the deer all summer. So we put out a cam in the field he was seen in. Never got a pic of him, but apparently someone else in the area did. We are going to show the farmer these pics to try and verify that this is the same deer. Otherwise it could be one of those "have you seen these" legends that gets passed around

Holy Smokes!!!!!! Very nice no matter what the score is. Just wondering what a large deer weighs in your area to help with the estimate. Any sheds ever found?

Whoa---conservatively 95" to 99" per side , hard to tell common base points for sure. Just a guess at a gross of 220" will be close---good genetics, better give 'em another year
blush.gif
busted.gif
smokin.gif

AWESOME ANIMAL.

I would say the buck will gross between 220 to 224. I would guess a net score of over 210. It is a absolute monster. I came up with tine length of G-1= 3" G-2= 10" G-3= 12" G-4= 9" G-5= 6" and G-6= 3" G-7= 2" all roughly (on the conservative side) looks to have 28 to 30 inch beams with an average mass of around 5" each. Seems to have pretty good symetry. I personnally don't think that Boone & Crocket would score this buck as a 8 X 8. I have seen to many bucks not done justice and they love to shoot them down. At least one tine on each side would be considered non-typical (which is a complete judgement call). I wish they would do away with net score and only go by gross. How in the world can you deduct inches from such a beautiful and majestic animal????? That is why I only care about gross scores, I don't take away nothing from any deer. Net scores don't give the true picture of a buck! I hate to see a buck that grosses in the 180's get knocked down in the 160's due to stickers or not being symetrical. The only fair comparison is gross to gross. Anyway hate to ramble on, but that really bothers me how they don't give bucks there justice so many times!
wall.gif

I still say 240.
smirk.gif

Most likely 15-20 inches ground shrink.
Do you suppose we could get it to stand still long enough to score it on the hoof?
jester.gif

893footinmouth-thumb[1].gif

So were talking big time record here!
yay.gif

Not to start something, but can you hunt over bait in Arkansas?

Just arrow that thing
30571-green1.gif
Good god that is one heck of a buck....Over 200 inches and a once in a lifetime buck if you ask me..

To answer a few questions, I would say a good size buck around here would weigh 190-220 on the hoof. There are a few that are heavier. We don't have all the corn ya'll have but plenty of soybeans.
In arkansas you can hunt over any type of bait you so desire. I do feed deer-soy beans, corn, etc. but I don't usually hunt over them. I mainly use them for cam locations. Two years ago I jumped a huge buck in this area that was the only hump of dry ground in some flooded timber. The woods were being flooded for duck season and a big deer and several does were hanging out. Was it this deer? I'm not sure, but very well could have been. Sheds are VERY hard to come by in this state. To date (i'm 30) I have found 2 undamaged sheds in the last 15 years or so, the most recent of which was last weekend (one side of an 8 pter). We don't get the snow fall you guys get to hide drops. Therefore sheds get nawed up pretty quickly by squirrels, rats, whatever.

Tremendous whitetail, wow, I would guess he grosses in the 220" range at least. I hope someone gets to find out 1st hand, good luck Q-master.

Top Bottom