Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Canada/ satellite phone

mudingbuck

PMA Member
Hey guys. Me and my dude are heading up to Saskatchewan bear hunting in less the 3 weeks. They tell us we lose all cell service 45 miles from camp. I use to think that's awesome, but I have a new little one at home that I feel I need to check on from time to time. So does anyone know of anywhere a guy can rent a satellite phone. I was going to add on star to my truck but they can't tell me for sure if that will even work.

Thanks in advance!
Buck

How far up you going? When we went up 2 years ago to fish they told us we would lose service. I did with US Cellular, but all the people from Colorado we went with still had service to call their wives and check in with emails. We were up by Mirond Lake

Check out rentals on satphonestore.com. A lot of guys use there service on walleyecental for fly in trips.

Check these guys out.
You can rent sat phones and get a plan for 30 days.
Cheaper than buying and getting a year plan...

http://www.explorersatellite.com/

I just used em for a trip to remote CO/WY
I already had a phone to use, and a sim card/plan for 75 min for 30 days was just $165.

If Onstar (satellite based) isn't working, the satphone might not either. I think that I'd go with OnStar and could still use it at home.

Top Bottom