Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Canon GL2 or XL2

strutnrut

I have been looking at getting a better video camera. Has anyone had any experiance with either the GL2 or the XL2 and if so where is the best place to buy one.. Thanks for any info.....

I have plenty of experience with these two cameras, and I own the GL2, but I would never buy another one. Have ahd to send it in for 400$+ service "repairs" multiple times and looks as if I will be doing it again shortly as the signs of hte "Remove the cassette" syndrome are reappearing.

If it were me I would look hard at a Sony Cam or if you have big bucks a HD cam of some sort.

Do a google search on the above syndrome, or go to dvinfo.net and take a look around at what some professionals are saying. I just know that I would personally never buy another Cannon product, based on the customer service I have recieved on a known factory defect that they have chosen to pass of on cunsumers as being normal wear and tear problems....BS!!

Well enough of the rant. Good luck with your purchase

We run Xl1's and gl2's I have talked with several big wigs in the Biz and the all have recommended a Sony PD 170. If you go to B and H video they have one there. You can get a camera with wireless mics for under $3000 not sure how serious you are but we are upgrading to these this winter. They will get you an extra 30 mins of camera light just because of there low light function. Don't get me wrong I know several of the tv shows have gl2s around but they are not the first choice of most. But they can do the job. We have bought used cameras off of ebay and had good luck but i am sure if you did this alot eventually you will find a bad camera listed as a good one but so far we haven't had any trouble. B and H have great coustomer service as well.

Top Bottom