Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Cant find my buck

waitn4rut

I went out Saturday night with Justhunt87 for smoke pole opener. I passed a 140 inch 3 year old and this stud came out. I made a 100 yard quartering to shot that felt great. I heard him crash into the fence and figured he was out right there. I went up there and found a puddle of blood by the fence and then it started pouring. Washed all the blood away in minutes. I went back the next morning with 8 guys and we couldn't find anything. Its all rose bushes so I would have had to step on him to find him. Also the 4 inch stream turned into a 3 foot river. I know becuse I fell right in the middle of it and it was way over my boots. I dont know if I just walked by of if hes down stream. Going back down this weekend to look for him. Wish me luck.

Heres a pic of him, and it's not the close one!!
1306Tall_Buck-med.jpg

That really sucks
Hope you luck out and get him....look for crows and buzzards...and get downwind of the area and smell for him.

That is one sick feeling I hope I don't have to feel again anytime soon.

You got some good advice, keep an eye out for buzzards.

No blood, and no trail, = GRID SEARCH

Good luck!

that does stink....
keep looking, i agree on the crow watch thing, they will find him....
remember those things will crawl into the smallest places sometimes.....

Good Luck!!

Dang dude, I hope you can find him. That's one of the bucks posted here that I've wanted to get a better look at...especially if you're holding him. He looks massive.

I hope you're able to find something of him. I've lost my share of deer in the rose bushes...that's where they get big.

That little stream, turned river in the "flash-ness" we've had could easily have washed him down a ways.

I'll say a prayer for you to make the recovery. Keep after it.

go out at dusk and listen for coyotes, keep an eye out for circling crows as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tlambert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That really sucks
Hope you luck out and get him....look for crows and buzzards...and get downwind of the area and smell for him. </div></div>
Good Luck....Hope ya getm.

Don't give up! When they get vitally hit sometimes those bucks can go a long ways just on adrenaline. They will often make a mad dash on a b line then just pile up. Make sure you cover a huge area not just the immediate area you were in. Good luck and with persistence you will find him.

I wish you luck. That is a terrible feeling I would think. Not sure what to tell you, some sound advice has been offered. All I can say is that if you find him after more than a couple days....you're lucky.....up here you may get lucky and get some of the skeleton after a day or 2,.

Top Bottom