Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Cant wait!

huntingkid

All this rut talk is getting my heart pumping gonna be my first time hunting the rut in Iowa and I can't wait. It's gonna be beyond what I experienced in New York. I have a feeling I'm in for a wild ride! I'm prolly gonna be to amazed at what I'm gonna be seeing and forget what I'm out there for lol. Can't waittt!

It can also be depressing when slob after slob is being taken and you aren't seeing squat!!! With that said, I am pumped too!! Goodluck!!

It can be so farm specific sometimes and other times it seems like every deer In the state is up running like they are on fire. Nothing beats November in Iowa. If you can plant your hind end in a tree all day everyday for the first few weeks of November I promise you will get a glimpse of some wild activity and some good bucks.
I shot my buck last year after sitting all day for 6 days. The day I killed him he was the second deer I saw that day. The first deer was the doe he was with. And it was 2:30 In the afternoon. Persistence pays off when hunting November in Iowa.

Yeah the only problem I have is the stand I wanna sit all day in, I can't get in there in the morning with out bumping deer outa the bean field that's 25 yards to the left of my stand that is located in a funnel. The funnel runs from bedding (thick cover) to a hardwood oak ridge top with beans on the left and clover on the right.

I too am looking forward to hunting this November. It does get depressing when you think you have an awesome spot and you just don't see anything. Patterning whitetails is impossible during the rut so just hang tight cause eventually, the action will arrive and you've got to be ready!

Does everyone think Nov. 16th-25th is too lay to catch rutting action? That's the only time I can leave college again to go back out and I really wanted to catch some rutting action this year.

19-20-23 were 3 days that I had good friends and my brother kill bucks last year. I always say from Halloween to thanksgiving. All it takes is one hot doe and your going to see bucks. I killed my biggest bow buck on nov 23 2008. Anytime you can be in a tree is a good time.

Starting friday Nov 2 - Nov 6 is gonna be nothing but hunting for me. I think its gonna be a good weekend to be in a treestand.

Does everyone think Nov. 16th-25th is too lay to catch rutting action? That's the only time I can leave college again to go back out and I really wanted to catch some rutting action this year.
In my opinion, I have seen my biggest deer from about the 19th through the 28th. so yes, that is a awesome time to be in the stand. also, around that time, that 10am-2pm is magical, so stay put even if your not seeing much activity. The ones you do see around that 10-2 will usually be your big mature deer.

It can also be depressing when slob after slob is being taken and you aren't seeing squat!!! With that said, I am pumped too!! Goodluck!!
Been there before myself. Big bucks can be taken at all hours of the day. Put the time in and bring along a rabbits foot :way:

Top Bottom