Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Cape Needed

sureshot

The Hunt Never Ends....
Hey guys, I am in need of a cape for my late muzzleloader buck that I shot a few days back. Figured this would be a great place to look! If any of you can help me out, send me a PM. Thanks! :way:

Except the ones that have already used 8 shop capes with over 22" necks this year for lost capes on the original deer:way: Nice mature buck capes are hard to come by. Key word, nice. And a nice one is worth a lot of $. I'm not remounting a buck with a crap cape some other taxi has had in his freezer for the last 3 years. Most people will mount their mature bucks or throw away the cape without even thiking about it.

Good Point Breiner... I mounted mine this year, otherwise it would have got tossed... Knowing now that people on here can usually use one, I guess I should start keeping them and giving them to people...I have no use for them if I dont mount it...

I'm guessing if I fill my tag next month (or even by the end of this month), you won't want one of my capes! :D

Except the ones that have already used 8 shop capes with over 22" necks this year for lost capes on the original deer:way: Nice mature buck capes are hard to come by. Key word, nice. And a nice one is worth a lot of $. I'm not remounting a buck with a crap cape some other taxi has had in his freezer for the last 3 years. Most people will mount their mature bucks or throw away the cape without even thiking about it.

If your taxi does that! Time for a different one !! Reason some charge $500.00 for a mount as opposed to $250.00!! :way:

If your taxi does that! Time for a different one !! Reason some charge $500.00 for a mount as opposed to $250.00!! :way:

Not sure I understand what you're trying to say here. You mean a taxi willing to mount a bad cape for $250 is acceptable to you? I guess it's your trophy & your wall & you can hang anything on it you want. Some still have velvet Elvis paintings on their wall. :rolleyes: On the other hand, most taxis that are good enough to command $500-$600 or much, much more will not put their name on a mount that is a POS because the cape is crap. In addition, if they need a new cape, you can expect to pay extra for that, over & above the base price. Price of a replacement cape will very much be dependant on quality and size. You can probably find someone to mount your Iowa "Booner" on a 17" neck cape but it would likely look like a $250 job. :(

I'd check with some of the local lockers in Southern IA. I bet there will be some nice mature capes coming in during the late rifle season that you could get for free.:eek::)

Top Bottom