Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Capture ?

SWIABOONER

PMA Member
I just recieved a cuddeback capture. I was wanting to ask you guys that have them what batteries work the best and last the longest in them. I was thinking about the Powerizer rechargeables has anyone ever used these?

Not sure about them, but we use energizer rechargables......and they lasted quite a while. We put them out around mid September and they just died in the last day or two of November. You can pick up a 12 pack at Sams for $12, so you might spend $16 in batteries on one camera a year.

Thanks I'll probably just give them a try. I'm sure nothing works to well with the temps we have right now. I'd just like to keep up on the shedding activity later this winter.

Most all rechargables will lose all kinds of charge in really cold weather. Except the Sanyo Eneloops or similar newer batteries. You may be better off using lithiums this time of year.

Keep us updated on what you think of the Capture. Im looking at picking up a capture IR after the 1st of the year.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bowhuntr311</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Keep us updated on what you think of the Capture. Im looking at picking up a capture IR after the 1st of the year. </div></div>

I was wondering what everyone thought of the Capture IR as well. Price is not far from the Scout Guard. Anyone have them both?

I am not sure if the Capture IR is available yet or not. Some places say yes and some no, but I have yet to see pictures or hear anything about it. IMO I always thought the IR Cuddeback pictures were kinda low quality.

My Dad has 4 Trail Cams and we chew through batteries... Can you point me in the right direction to find some of these rechargeable lithium batteries and chargers for C & D batteries? It would definitely help him keep them going...

Capture IR is now available - I have more coming into the shop early next week and may field test one myself this late season and write up a report and post pictures if anyone is interested.

Top Bottom