Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

caring for binoculars...

muddy

wtih my new binocs i was wondering what you guys out there use to clean off the lenses? mine are getting mighty dirty/dusty and i'm fearfull of cleaning them with just anything. i don't want to scratch them so am just looking for some options.

Mine came with a little shammy/terry cloth piece which I lost after about a week. I don't know about the rest of you, but when I'm in stand and it is snowing or raining pretty much anything will do when I see a deer in the distance. I've used everything from toilet paper (unused of course, for all you sick minded individuals
smirk.gif
) to polarfleece to my fingers. I sent mine to Swarovski last summer and they replaced both glass lense covers for $60 and did some upgrades for free and cleaned the bino's. I've owned them 10 years now so I figured $6 per/year isn't to bad. When at home I use my wifes glasses cleaner cloth it has a silk feel to it, you can probably get one anywhere they sell glasses.

I use a small lens brush to clean the dust off of the lens. If you just wipe it with the dust still there it can scratch the lens coating. The Leupold lens pen that has a brush on one end and a felt tipped swab on the other, works well. You can also get lens cleaning wipes that are saturated with an antifog cleaning solution.
I use these after I brush the dust off.

I use a lens pen also. You definitely need to use some type of lens brush to remove the dust and grit that accumulates. Cabela's has them for a reasonable price.

thanks for the input guys. i have a lense pen and one of those soft lense cloths that i both use, works great.

Top Bottom