Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Casio hunting watches

I looked up the latitude and longitude for my city with Google. I used Chicago for the GMT setting, since they're in the same time zone. My wife needed a stopwatch for her run yesterday, so she took it with her. I told he she owes me $20, since she's getting as much use out of it as I am. Bad idea . . .

From my research on these watches I found a heads up that is to late for some of you but may help others. The 2006 style is the watch that is available at Walmart for $36, it is also the only one with bad reviews! Good news is that the negative is only for the band, as it is cheap, will break and they do not make a replacement so you're going to end up with a pocket watch eventually. That aint so bad. The watch was good just the band was bad.

The 2007 style is selling for just over $50.00 and is supposed to have this issue taken care of and all reviews were positive.

Just a heads up on which one to get.

I just ordered the 2007 from Bass Pro.

[ QUOTE ]
I knew there was a reason I was waiting.....

[/ QUOTE ]

The way I opperate I will wait until next year when the 2007 model is $36.
grin.gif

if it does break couldnt u just buy a new band? it doesnt have to be the exact one but another one? i didnt like the band to begin with. but so far the watch is a nice one.

[ QUOTE ]
Apparently the band was a special band and no replacement was available for it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats what the report read.

Are you guys buying the all digital or digital/analog watches?
Didn't know if one was the older model or not.

Out here in Connecticut I checked the so called moon phase a friend had and it was identical with the high tide (Ocean) charts the local bait shops give out for free. He was pissed he paid the money. Moon phase and high tide go hand and hand.

Once October roles around, my Timex says it's time to hunt every day. I try to follow that to the best of my ablility.

Just curious is it the same info as this? If so I will save the $50!

I have been using this link for a few years now I don't swear by it but if I only have a few hours to hunt I try to go during peak if possible...

Moon Phase

[ QUOTE ]
Once October roles around, my Timex says it's time to hunt every day. I try to follow that to the best of my ablility.

[/ QUOTE ]

a very valid point sir

[ QUOTE ]
just got my watch from wally and it is the 2007 model

[/ QUOTE ]

how could you tell? thinking about heading to wally world and i wouldn't want the "defective" one

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
just got my watch from wally and it is the 2007 model

[/ QUOTE ]

how could you tell? thinking about heading to wally world and i wouldn't want the "defective" one

[/ QUOTE ]

Teeroy, don't come south, none there.

Good deal.

I was in Bismarck last weekend when this post started so I checked both Walmarts there. Each had two but both were sold from each store. Back in Fargo/Moorhead Monday and they were out as well. Thats when I started shopping on line and found the reviews. I ordered according to them.

I don't always have time to check charts on the net or call a sport shop before hunting. With peak times on my wrist, I can take a quick glance and see when I should be out there.

Being out there all day everyday is not yet a reality.., soon, but not yet. If I can only hunt for two hours next Tuesday, then I know what two hours I want to go and I can decide that by checking my watch.

Thats pretty convenient if you ask me!

Well, I'm on the gaget bandwagon, $37.86 at Wally in LeMars. I will probably spend all afternoon playing with it. For me, I didn't have a wrist watch, this will be easlier than pulling out the cell phone for the time. The sunrise and sunset feature will be used by me more so than the moon phase. Since mine was 37 not 50, I must have the "old" model. I just strapped it on, it will get lost, the bands are velcro and small. I don't think I have very large wrists and there isn't much velcro touching. It might be heading back.

Top Bottom