Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Cedar Rapids area

bowtechboy

My family is moving back to Iowa after a year of being in wisconsin and i was from Ottumwa b4 we moved to wisconsin but now we are re-locating to the Cedar Rapids/Marion area and i was wondering how good the public ground is around there especially the hawkeye wildlife area or just the hunting in general.Any help would be much appritiated. thanks

Most Iowa public land gets fair amounts of pressure. The Hawkeye Wildlife area is no exception, though I think if you are creative and willing to put in some effort, you should be able to get "off the beaten path".

I would also suggest that you check into the Cedar Rapids urban bow hunt. You have to shoot a quota of does before becoming eligible for a buck tag, but this gives you something to do while looking for other ground.

Hawkeye can be good, a few of the biggest deer I have ever seen in this state were in that area. Just remember many of the people that are hunting up there don't venture to far off the main roads, so the farther you walk the better you are. Good ridges on the north side of that area. Take a walk and do your scouting early and I am sure you will find a good area to hunt.

Kratz

Top Bottom