Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Cedar Rapids Fishing

sofakingfast_1

Ive been up here in Cedar Rapids working all week and i found out ill be up here next week also. Just wondering if it was worth it to bring my boat up here and fish the Cedar River? Are boats allowed on the cedar river right now? Im not going to eat the fish just catch and release so pollution, bacteria, etc. is no big deal :). Just wanting to catch some catfish or whatever is biting good right now. If any of you guys could point towards the right direction to catch a few fish it would be great!!! Were staying in a hotel near Hawkeye downs. The closer the better. Thanks!

Just drive south on 6th street(Hwy 965)till you come to the res. Put in at Mid River Marina just south of the bridge. Or try Lake
McBride between Solon and North Liberty. Check for motor restrictions. Good article in The Iowa Sportsman Magazine this month about Lake McBride.

Or bring your bow and practice from my elevated practce stand. I'm about 20 minutes from Hawkeye Downs.

The 'Bonker

If you just want to do some catfishing. I have ben doing very well up by chain lakes. It is not to far away for you to drive. It's between palo and CR. PM me your number and I could show you some places to go. There is also another great place where you don't need a boat. We have ben catching a lot of fish there this week. Let me know if you want me to show you around next week.

Kory

The fishing is bad in Palo, dont go, stay AWAY, stay FAR AWAY !!! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/wink.gif LOL...

Dad and I cleaned up on Catfish last week. I even caught a sand turtle (threw it back), and I was reeling in my stinkbait and this guy nabbed it:
09-05-08_1445.jpg

Luckily he didn't swallow it and I was able to release him safe.

Fishing was soo good, even my daughter got her first catfish!!
09-06-08_0958.jpg

Top Bottom