Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

central Iowa action

buberwin said:
Been hunting the Runnells ,Mitchelville area since last Thursday and we haven't seen any action at all, does still walking around with last years fawns, had a couple small bucks harassing some does but the one shooter we did see didn't give those does a 2nd look just walked around checking scrapes. I'd say it's about to pop off any day but when is anyones guess. I'd be in a stand starting Sunday afternoon for sure if I were you
I agree last few week bucks were trying to chase does want no part the the last few days just a few does with young ones still with them i did jump a two year old on the way to my stand late morning and that is all I've seen today

Started getting cranked up yesterday for me in Central Iowa. Small bucks cruising most of the day. Today was a repeat only some older deer in the mix now...11-2 time of day was best. Saw two shooters 150+. Does still have fawns for the most part, one or two orphans running around, but I believe that was from the small bucks chasing excessively and scattering them.

I'm in SW WI and I think it is just about to break loose here. Yesterday had good midday action. Bucks out cruising...one chase at 345 with a basket and then a shooter couple minutes behind. Hunted today and saw 7 different bucks out cruising. Every single one responded to calling (grunting/rattling). Had them all come to within bow range. A couple pretty decent bucks right around low 130s. Some bucks came in hackled up and a couple others were raking the ground and rubbed trees before coming and checking things out after hearing my grunts/rattling. I would say the testosterone is coming on strong and the next few days will be excellent.

P hill was kicking pretty darn good from about 1 o'clock on this afternoon a lot of small ones crusin chasing at last light passed one of my shooter bucks tonight due to a broken g2 on his left side. He responded to a grunt call about 20 mins before last light what a shame he would of scored about 170 before it was broken about 160 now hopefully he will make it to next year.

Sent from my iPhone using IW

Central Iowa today. I hunted this morning until about 10 o'clock, then sat from 3-dark tonight.....maybe I should have done the opposite??? Had 2 yearlings and 2 does come by about 8am being pushed my a small 6 point, heard him grunting before I saw him so that was kinda cool. Then got down from my stand and checked a camera by a stand I really thought about hunting this morning......of course, a 150-160 inch 11 point strolled by around 8 o'clock right by my stand/camera.:( Wind is wrong to hunt this stand, otherwise my ass would be sitting in that stand in the morning.

Didn't see a deer tonight. The 2 little shit dogs from a few houses down that the lady let run all over hell were in the driveway of the property I hunt when I got there. Several times over the evening, I heard movement in the ravine behind me, expecting a deer to come out each time, all I heard was a dog barking. Awesome. I'm sure them chasing deer really helps my success lol. Or lack of.

NOthing in Stuart area last night - tried rattling and grunting and can call - nothing - when I walked out saw 2 different does by themselves - wonder if the bucks are locked down with other does??

Bucksnducks1 said:
NOthing in Stuart area last night - tried rattling and grunting and can call - nothing - when I walked out saw 2 different does by themselves - wonder if the bucks are locked down with other does??

I saw a group of does last night with a buck in with them he tried chasing they just ran

BWHNTR0808 said:
I agree last few week bucks were trying to chase does want no part the the last few days just a few does with young ones still with them i did jump a two year old on the way to my stand late morning and that is all I've seen today

Started kicking off for me yesterday out there

Sent from my iPhone using IW

North of Albia here. I had to work and didn't get in the stand until 3:30 but had 4 bucks go past by 4:15 and then nothing. Finally starting where I'm at. Might be a wet windy weekend but I'll be in a tree.

Top Bottom