Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Central Iowa Movement

What's everyone been seeing in the last few days? I haven't been out since last Thursday. Been working too much and chasing honkers/greenheads around on the weekends. I'll be going in the morning. Just curious if much has changed in the last 5 or 6 days. A few guys I talk to that I know from the Hy-Vee I work at have said they feel like the big boys are locked down with does that are hot right now. So I'm assuming in a few days, the bucks will be on the move again looking for hot does and/or fights? Any input fellas? Thanks

Saturday afternoon I had a decent buck come by working scrapes about 3:15. Another decent one about an hour later following a doe, she came out in the field and the buck wandered off, I think he was done with her. Yesterday on the drive to work I had two big bucks cross in front of me running a doe about 6:45 and saw another about 7 nose to the ground.

Saturday morning I saw a big 10 point, 150 class, chasing a doe pretty hard. Sunday morning I saw a 2.5 year old chasing a doe and my dad saw a big 11 pointer with a doe.

Well, I had one of the best hunts I've ever experienced tonight. Started by hunting the morning and it was a bust. Moved at 1:30 and saw my first buck at 2:00. Went on to see about 10 bucks total, 2 of which were shooters. The real big stuff seems to be elusive but the activity was as good as I've ever seen it. I was fortunate enough to fill my buck tag already but I took 2 does to top off a truly amazing hunt. That last 4 hours felt like it lasted 20 minutes.

Top Bottom