Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Central Iowa turkey hunters...

G

GunnerJon

I have put this post up in the past few years.... but with all the new people coming to this board, it is always interesting to see how many of you out chase turkeys in central Iowa. I usually hunt 2nd season with some buddies of mine, but I try to hunt 4th season back at home in Jasper and Poweshiek counties. Those tough wood-lot birds are hard to get! So lemme know how many turk hunters are in the same neighborhood.
Good luck and good hunting!

-GunnerJon

myself and a hunting partner usually hunt turkeys down by mount ayr and have great luck. can wait until 2nd season to bust another boss gobbler.

i hunt 2nd and 4th always with good luck and great fun. i just love turkey season. like hearing them toms talk in the morning. can't hardly wait ,seen walmart had there turkey hunting supplies out on the shelf sunday

Gunner,
Me and my son usually hunt 1st season up around FT.Dodge and then head south to monroe county in 4th season.We do real well at both area's we hunt,there are alot more bird's down south though.
Starting to think about turkey hunting already
grin.gif

I hunt 2nd season up in southern Tama county. The birds can be very picky...most of the luck seems to be during 4th. The river bottom birds are hard to call in when it's that early.

Hunt 1st and 4th in southern Ia. Just finished with late season bow turkey-just wish this cold weather would have come sooner. Alot of turkeys but they had food everywhere and do not like to be called to in the winter. Saw alot but none would venture to close to the blind. Did see 3 small bucks the last week of season that will be bigger next year.

I usually hunt fourth season with a buddy down in Ringgold Co. around Diagonal. Last season, we doubled on two big toms.
I'll be back down there this spring but may get a second season license and hunt DM River valley west of Luther near the Boy Scout camp. Got some new ground to hunt and it looks good! Can't wait ... the turkey hunts on TV have me all fired up!!

Threebeards

Top Bottom