Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Charles City Hunter Hit By Slug

I've heard it once. Sounds like a really loud bee. Worst part is you have know idea where the sounds is coming from and how far away it is! Yikes!

I suppose the argument is you are more likely to get killed driving your car/truck...statistics such as most people get in a car accident within 5 miles of their home. Well, of course, that is because they are usually driving within 5 miles of their home...dumb stat!

I'm with Skip, had a slug zip over my head one year and that... will change your outlook on hunting. Accident or not, a few feet lower and ??

I hit the deck so fast! I'll bet several hunters on here, have heard that unfriendly sound of a slug or bullet whizzz by them.

Geez...Daver you posted about the same time, 3 times that is just crazy!

Or the slugs going through your walls.. sitting watching tv and hear a thud and see a hole in the drywall. That changes your opinion instantly

I have had bark off trees hit me from slugs, dirt hit me, slugs whizz by over head...but again, I have also trucks run stop signs in front of me, but it hasn't kept me from driving...Accidents happen... I had a loaded cement truck run a yield and I t-boned them, walked away without a scratch... could have ended up way different... I guess my point is, accidents happen... why all the debate?! I just hope the guy gets better soon and glad it wasn't worse!

I love how this thread started out with thoughts and prayers to those involved and quickly turned to a piss'n match of peoples own agendas or opinions. Why is it every time something tragic happens across this nation people take it upon themselves to get on their soap box and let it fly.

Back to what matters most

My thoughts and prayers go out to all involved. My family will say prayers.

I love how this thread started out with thoughts and prayers to those involved and quickly turned to a piss'n match of peoples own agendas or opinions. Why is it every time something tragic happens across this nation people take it upon themselves to get on their soap box and let it fly.

Xxx2 :mad:

you're right and the guy should be the focus. It's a reality that any tragedy will stir debate around the subject, good or bad- it's a reality we've always had. The main part should be this guy's recovery & I do think discussion on how it could help others to avoid similar is fair game. Thoughts and prayers to this guy though. Hope no one else here has to experience something like this or worse.

Top Bottom