Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Chasing Junior...

cjgarrett

Going to keep this short and sweet because I have a lot of work to catch up on due to this guy...

Shot Junior the evening of Nov 7th and ended up not recovering him. He disappeared for several weeks and i eventually found where he relocated to. He was obviously injured pretty bad and wasn't moving very far or often. After running cams for 10 days i figured out what he was doing and hung the stand. Hunted him Friday evening and he read the script but it was to dark to shoot. The wind shifted out of the SE Saturday so my dad and i went in early and hung a new set. 4:30 he showed up and I ended up shooting him at 4:45. Shot was a little back so i gave him 3 hours and we went back in. 150 yards later Junior was recovered. I'm still on the highest of highs and it really hasn't sank in yet... My biggest buck to date scoring right at 190".

http://iowawhitetail.com/forum/photo_popup.php?e=vB_Editor_QE_1#
picture.php

Last edited:
No doubt that is an incredible deer! The work you did to seal the deal is even more impressive!

Wow! That's really awesome! I looked in your profile and saw the pic...unreal buck. Even greater, in my opinion, is the fact that you got back on him and closed the deal. That says a great deal about you as a hunter. Congrats!

Just saw the pic in your profile...wow! Great job keeping at him.

If you don't mind, now that you have him in hand, what was the status of your original hit on him?

Top Bottom